Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Wedding Update #6: Good and bad

Well, I have both good and bad news...which one should I tell you about first?

The bad? Get it over with now?

Alright then.

Bad news is this: I lost the chance at renting my dream cabin! I've been checking on it every single day while waiting on my money to come in to make sure no one else rented it before me for the 29th-30th of October...well, yesterday morning I checked while having a slight sense of dread...and sure enough, my sixth sense was right! It had been rented! So, I lost my #1 favorite, dream cabin! It feels terrible...my heart had been set on that one! But alas, I can do nothing about it...no sense in crying over spilled milk they say! Nothing you can do after it spills any way, just clean up the mess and continue along.

So, I went through their website and took note of some other cabins that are still open that I think are okay...they're not my dream cabin, but they're good enough. The only problem is they don't fit my top 3 criteria: good mountaintop view, wifi, and my own bed. All the other ones in my price range with wifi...are in the hills...not the mountaintop...but I've decided that the view is my #1 priority, so...no wifi it is, but at least I will get a good view! Also, I may have thought of something else to help out with my 'no wifi' issue...since my cellphone is a monthly advance pay plan...I can, for the month of October, add on a data plan and use my phone as a hot spot at the cabin! It will be slow as all get out...but at least I'll be able to check on my e-mail and school assignments if need be.

So...good news time!

I have an officiant! And two bridesmaids! Wheee!!!

I managed to suck it up (remember my fear of asking people favors?) and ask 3 of my closest friends to help out. I asked one of my friends to officiate for me, as sort of a return for officiating her wedding, plus, she's also pretty cool and said her hubby may just show up with fake beard and shot gun for my wedding! lmao!! (Sort of an in-joke I know...XD) Then I asked my two best friends to be my bridesmaids. They've been with me since I was 9 years old! So, of course, I wanted them to be with me for such an important day as well! And they both said they support my idea, even better! So excited! I've also made plans to 'treat' these three lovely gals for all their help when it gets closer to the date. :3

My only other concern is how many people will show up for the wedding, and the party, and if they'll have a lot of fun and enjoy themselves! (I certainly hope so! *fingers crossed it goes well*)

....and the decorations...but that's all later...shopping is in my future!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind and understanding with your comments. Thanks!