Thursday, August 2, 2012

Wedding Update #4: One Day After the problems...

So, I called Py Cakes today and asked if they would be able to do a cake for the 27th of October and they said yes! So, I just finished e-mailing them the details of my order. I can only hope it all goes well since they never responded to my posts or my last e-mail. But at least they have the day open for me! That's something! *fingers crossed that it works out and I get a gorgeous cake!*

Onto one of my other problems...the cabin. I still don't know what to do about that! I've been thinking of asking my Mom to let me borrow some of my Christmas money she has saved to reserve it and then pay her back come September so that I can make sure I have the cabin reserved before someone else grabs it! But, when I tried to casually bring it up yesterday (I absolutely freak out when asking someone something!) she didn't seem to care too much about the idea, so I'm still VERY worried about that! I still have not told her about my plans, I just said I was wanting to go to Red River Gorge - which I've been wanting to do for about a year now. So she has no idea how important getting the right cabin and getting it on the right date means to me. (Then again, I've yet to even come out to my parents about my asexuality either...even though I wrote a letter out to them months ago...I have yet to have the guts to print it out and give it to them. >.< I'm a scaredy cat, I'll admit that.)

So, I likely have the library for my reception and party and I likely will have a cake! That's 2 out of 4 down! (Unless something comes up....please, oh please, let everything work out!!!!) But I still don't know what to do about the "honeymoon" trip or about how many people are going to come. In my e-mail to Py Cakes I told them there would be around 20 people...but so far I only have 5-6 people coming and that's if they ALL make it! And I'm not sure yet if all those are coming to the wedding or just the dinner and party. (So far, only one person has for absolutely sure said they are coming to the wedding...that's...disappointing (but yay for that one person!)..."C'mon people! Get a move on!")

Also, I have yet to find someone to officiate. They obviously don't need to be legally ordained or anything since this isn't a legal wedding. I just need someone who can be there to preside over the wedding, someone who can be serious and say a few things as well as someone who can be very comforting and reliable; I want it to be someone I look up to...but that isn't working out yet. I also really want to have at least a couple bridesmaids. (I guess in my case, they would be my best (friends/) supporters.) I have some people in mind that I'd LOVE to ask! But, I'm afraid that asking them specifically would end in them feeling honored and saying "Absolutely!" even if they don't really want to be a part of it (what I wouldn't do to be able to have the power to know if they really want to do it or not before asking!) (I guess you could say I'm paranoid about feeling like I'm forcing them...err...okay, so I actually do suffer from a mild bit of paranoia in general...but still.) After all, they'd have to buy their dresses and such (well, I could buy them for them as gifts if I really, really had to I guess) and then there's whether they'd actually like the dresses that I want them to wear or if they'd just wear them the one time because of me and I don't want them to have to buy or wear something that they don't love as much as I do! Perhaps I worry far too much eh? But it still bothers me.

So yeah...things still feel very stalled right now...perhaps not as failing as yesterday...uhm...a *pinches fingers together* tad. But yeah, I still don't feel very confident about this whole thing and whether it will work out or not. I've never been a very assured person...and the way things are going isn't helping. *grimaces*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind and understanding with your comments. Thanks!