Thursday, August 9, 2012

Wedding Update #5: A Cake and...ARGH!

So, there's been a slight change with my cake, but good thing is that I got confirmation this time! I'm having my wonderful cake made by Jennifer Noble from the Treehouse Cafe and Bakery, which is new and going to open soon. (Apparently she formerly worked at Py Cakes...I dunno what all happened...but I'm just glad I got someone to make my cake!) She was very nice and answered very quickly to all my questions and such, so I'm very happy about that! :) And not only am I gonna get my awesome cake, but it was very well priced too! Considering the sorts of prices I've seen on fancy cakes before, I was expecting it to be WAY up there! But, I was pleasantly surprised with the price! It made me even happier knowing how affordable it would be! So, I'm going to have a cake similar to the one I posted before, 2 layers, made out of red velvet and chocolate, and the pumpkin on top will be made out of rice crispies! Sounds yummy huh? (So happy!!!)

Now onto the next food related thing. I've decided where to cater the noms! I want a nice filling meal for everyone so I decided to go with some more home-style foods. I'm going to hopefully get all the side dishes from KFC and order some chicken from Joe's Drive-In. (You see, in the past couple of years I've had "issues" with the local KFC's chicken...namely that my chicken was always in a giant puddle of grease! I mean, no piece of fried chicken should be so greasy as to have the grease come through the parchment paper under it, through its cardboard box, and through several napkins under the box! And then to pick it up and have the skin slowly slide off into its own greasy pile...is...disgusting! And yes, I've ate at other KFC's that were just fine, and sometimes the local one is okay...but lately their track record with me has been...well...eww...at best...so...yeah, Joe's Chicken is the main course winner! That stuff was pretty much better than KFC's anyway! Go Joe's! But...I do love KFC's side dishes better! Their mashed potatoes and gravy is wonderful! (I mean, who DOESN'T like mashed taters!? Okay, so maybe the tater-loving Irish in me is sticking out a bit, but oh well!) Also, their Mac n Cheese! My Mom hates it as she likes more liquidy Mac, but I LOVE KFC's thick, ooey, gooey, cheesey Mac n Cheese! And their biscuits! Mmmm... Also, their cole slaw isn't bad either, and I'm not that much of a cole slaw lover, so that's saying quite a bit!)
The only thing this leaves is the appetizers and snacks, which I would like to be all..."creepy" for the occasion. So far, that's gonna be up to me to make, not sure how that's gonna turn out without some help. I want quite a few 'creepy' foods too, both sweets and savory ones. I'm thinking of trying my hand at things like foot-shaped meatloaf and such...we'll see how that goes. Hopefully someone with better cooking skills can lend me a hand! *pun most definitely intended XD*

So, the reception place is rented, cake has been ordered, caterers decided (will have to contact them about info on their catering services - but I'm rather certain they both do them. Joe's I know does, and I know KFC enjoys large orders (by the way, how weird is it to go to KFC and order only side dishes I wonder? lol) Also, the driving plan for that morning has been set! Go to Hazard, pick up cake, drive by KFC, then (since I'm going to Whitesburg, I can go by the lake way and stop by Joe's and then onto the 'burg. I wonder if the library will be okay with locking up the meeting room and kitchen so we can keep unwanted people out of the decorations and food during wedding time?) So far, so good! Just have to buy my dress (*fingers crossed that Pretty Impressions still has the one I want, 'cause eBay shipping from China might not make it in time!) and all the decor now pretty much (many Halloween shopping trips with my besties have been planned!) Except for one little thing...

RED RIVER GORGE! Dammit! Dammit! Dammit!

Okay, so, I'm okay (so far) the cabin I want is still available for the 29th and 30th of October. (I know it is, because every.SINGLE.day I check their website like someone with OCD! And pray that when I scroll the reservations calendar to October that those days aren't covered in green squares (meaning 'reserved'). So far, so good...but it doesn't calm my worrying though.) I talked to my Mom about lending me some cash...but, she got started on this "That's too much (not what she would need to lend me, but for the total- that I'M paying!); Why don't you just take us?; We'd like to go!; Why don't you make your friends pay!" sort of thing...ugh. What I can't seem to get her to understand is that, whether anyone else goes or not - I'M GOING! Which means, if no one else went, I'd still be out the same amount! Plus, if my friends all had to pay I'd likely be going alone! I don't mind! I'm going anyway, and some of them will be paying the gas to drive themselves there, the only thing different is, I won't be going alone this way! And yes, they could come, but my family doesn't get along with all my friends, plus, they know nothing of this wedding thing and nothing about my asexuality! I don't want it to be awkward or there to be fights! (That's the opposite of what I want while there!) So...for now, I'm stuck with no clue on how to reserve my precious cabin for those days until I get my money in September, which may (or may not, hopefully) be too late. I can only keep my fingers crossed and pray that no one rents out that cabin for then before I can get to it.

I mean, who wouldn't want to go here!? Look at the view through those windows! Amazing!


And finally, the last thing. GUESTS! Again! I have a total of 6 people saying that they will be there right now, and 2 maybe's. (But, as we all know, normally only half the people who say their coming  usually make it - at least in my experience.) So at the VERY best (everyone comes) that will be...8 people... :| And it will likely be closer to 3-4, if my experience counts for anything. That's...REALLY disappointing! For both the wedding and the party! I would ideally like to have around 6-8 really devoted people at the wedding and closer to 15+ for the dinner and party. After all, party's should have LOTS of people dancing and having fun! And, what am I going to do about an officiant or bridesmaids!? *sigh* What to do, what to do... I can always make a separate event page for the party, make it a friend's event instead of invite only, that should (theoretically) bring in more people for the party...but that doesn't help the wedding situation. Also, why don't people respond to invites!? Like it would kill them to take a second to click 'join', 'maybe', or 'decline'! I can see it if you're not sure about your schedule yet...but it's annoying, at least let me know something! Ordering food amounts without knowing how many people might be coming is...a dangerous guessing game between having WAY too much food, and WAY too less. Please let me know something people! (I should mention, also, since the event page I made was for the whole thing, I'm not really sure to what (out of my 8-10 guests) are going to show up for. I asked them to post whether they were going to the wedding, reception dinner, party, or all...but I only got like, 1 solid answer for that... :S

Anyway, trying to keep my spirits (lol!) up here and hope for the best! Maybe some sort of strange Halloween magick will be worked and I'll have lots of nice guests! (Hear that my witchy friends? You have my permission to work yer magicks! lol) After all, I'll need support there, and there will be a 1st, 2nd, 3rd place costume contest - I'll need plenty of guests to make that fun!)

Also, officiant-san, bridesmaids-san...(had to weird that up a bit there didn't I? XD) Where are you? Who will be you? Hm...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind and understanding with your comments. Thanks!