Thursday, November 15, 2012

A little change is good...?

So, as only my friends might know...the wedding...didn't happen!

Yes, when it came down to it...it was far too much stress for just one lil 'ol me! I tried to do everything great and perfect and...mostly by myself...that just doesn't work well regardless of what you're trying to do!

Originally I still wanted to have the ceremony though, even if that meant not doing any of the great things I planned and, instead, just having a fantabulous Halloween party and doing a quiet solo-ceremony at my cabin. Well, that didn't work out either! My Halloween party went well mind you (erm...after some setbacks. Namely the library being a butthole and double-booking and the other party arriving just minutes before us and taking the main room (the room that had the speaker system, kitchen, etc. that we needed!!!) and leaving us in the kids room (which they could've easily used! They were having a kids party! Instead we got stuck with brightly painted fairytale walls, tiny chairs, and no sound system...not enough tables, and melted sherbert because we couldn't use their freezer!) But we suffered through it until they left and then switched rooms. It wasn't what I had planned...AT ALL!!! But, it turned out well enough and we all had fun and that's what matters in the end! (Also, my cake turned out EPIC! So...yay!) So, thinking back, it's probably good that I wasn't having the wedding with how everything worked out! Haha!

So that left the cabin and the solo-ceremony. Well, we couldn't go when I had planned due to freak October snow storm compliments of Hurricane Sandy (it's like everything was out to get meh)! So, I called and had my reservation changed to the week after (no more before Halloween awesomeness! O.O) And then things went crazy once more and only one of my friends got to go. (I think I mentioned before that nothing I plan ever works right...See? I wasn't lying!) But we went together and had fun in the hot tub, played with a stray kitten, bought an uber cute fox plush, and filled pot holes! (lol Don't ask...XD) But because of all that, there was no Full Moon/Samhain rituals, no cosplay and horror movies, and no self-wedding! But, with all that went horribly wrong I still had fun! And, I'd like to try this again...next year! (Perhaps, have it at the con I want to go to...or on Halloween day with just a few friends...etc...so many, many, idea! :D I'm still somewhat optimistic here!)

So, anyway, that's how things went and now the days are passing and the holidays are nearing and I'm working like mad on all my homework from college! (Cursing Illustrator and essay topics and carrying on as usual.)

So here's the part where the title of this post comes in! Since Halloween is over (and with it my idea of posting interesting Halloween things each day) and my self-wedding got canceled, I've decided I'll be changing gears with this blog and focusing on other things in my life and that I think about. So, get ready for my eccentric mind tying in weird things with Wicca and mythology and posts about asexuality! I'm thinking the topics may be somewhat difficult for those new to either Wicca or asexuality and perhaps they may not be completely PC and fit in with how everyone else thinks (hey, I'm eccentric remember! I see things in a weird way!) So just bare with me and be ready for some interesting things! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind and understanding with your comments. Thanks!